Neuro ophthalmology is the speciality that deals with ophthalmic diseases with neurological problems and various optic nerve disorders. Neuro-ophthalmology focuses on diseases of the nervous system that affect vision, control of eye movements, or pupillary reflexes.
Common pathology referred to neuro-ophthalmologist include:
- Optic neuritis- Inflammation of optic nerve
- Optic neuropathy- Damage to optic nerve leading to loss of vision
- Papilloedema- Optic disc swelling due to increased Intracranial pressure
- Brain tumors or stroke
- Anisocoria-Difference in size of pupil of both eyes
- Ophthalmoplegia- Paralysis or weakness of eye muscles
- Diplopia- double vision
- Ptosis-Drooping or falling of upper eye lid
- Nystagmus-Invountary movement of eye
- Blepharospasm-Abnormal contraction or twitch of eye
- Hemifacial spasm
We at Asian Eye Care provide complete care and treatment for all neuroophthalmic disorders.