Associations you are a member of – American Academy of Ophthalmology (AAO), American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery (ASCRS), International Society of Refractive Surgery (ISRS), European Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery (ESCRS),
Asia Pacific Academy of Cataract and Refractive Surgery (APACRS), All India Ophthalmological Society (AIOS)
- 1st solid state LASIK in Asia (1994).
- 1st ALK for vision correction in India (1989).
- 3rd centre to start vision correction procedures in India - RK (1985).
- Worlds most advanced ‘All wavelight - vision prefect’ LASIK system 1st in India (2000).
- 1st Surgeon in the world to perform over 100 LASIK procedures in a day India (Dr PKK - 2000).
- Limca Book of World Record for 157 LASIK in a day (Dr PKK – 2003) broken by Limca Book of World Records for 171 LASIK in 10 hours (Dr VPK).
- 1st Indian Surgeon to get trained long term under world most influential ophthalmologist and pioneer of modern vision correction procedures.
- father of LASIK and Epi-LASIK surgery Professor Pallikaris (Dr VPK).
- 1st Indian to undergo structured fellowship in bladeless robotic femto second laser systems in LASIK and cataract surgery (Bascom Palmer Eye Institute,USA #1 Eye Hospital in USA).
- 1st Indian Surgeon to undergo a dual long term fellowships in both Europe and USA at the best university in laser vision correction and advanced lens implants.
- 1st Indian Surgeon to Publish over 35 international journal scientific publications in Laser Vision Correction in top world journals (Dr VPK).
- 1st Indian Surgeon invited as American Academy Representative Instructor for Refractive Surgery Symposium held at Alexandria (Egypt) (Dr VPK).
- Dr VPK is probably worlds most experienced LASIK surgeon for his age (pv er 10,000 LASIK).
- 1st private Eye Bank in Maharashtra (1994).
- Government awarded Best Running Eye Bank in Maharashtra Winner.
- trained over 40 Indian and 30 International fellows for laser vision correction and cataract surgeries.
- 1st hospital in India to have affiliation with international society for their young training ophthalmologist (Hellenic Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery) – known as hellenic Kankariya training award.